Saturday, March 17, 2007

First Official Update

Hey everyone, Kayla here. Let's start with the Macrophage Activation Syndrome. The doctors all feel I'm stablizing good enough to start up the chemo again on Monday (of course that depends on how the bloodwork comes back, which we're confident it will be better than yesterday). I am going to be getting steroid pulses twice a week until the chemo dosing is figured out, then we can start weaning me off the Prednisone. (Prednisone is the type of steroid they are giving me to maintain my lungs until the chemo kicks in).

The Juvenile Rheumetoid Arthritis is being kept under control with a daily shot called Anakinra.

I am recovering from an infection I got from my PICC line (that's what they were using to give me the chemo. It's like an IV, just a sturdier version). I am on a couple different antibiotics for that.

All in all, the overall plan is that I have 8 more days inpatient, then in Seattle indefinitely. Not the brightest of futures, but we all know life isn't fair!!

Oh goody! I just received another lovely gourmet hospital dinner, so that means I must leave you here. But never fear, I promise to update whenever I can. And when I can't I will try to have someone update it for me!

1 comment:

Pastor Andy Arnold said...

Hi Kayla & Parents!

I just wanted to let you know that I got your Saturday update in time to share with the folks at church this morning. People are always glad to get news about you.

Pastor Andy