Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Update

Hi Everyone.

I thought I would update everyone on Kayla's Medical stuff. She has actually been living life like a teenager. We Love it.
She has labs weekly. Infusions monthly. She had 3 on Monday. Unfortunately her port has quit working. It took 3 1/2 hours & 7 sticks to get an IV started. 10 1/2 day. The best part was being able to come home & sleep in our own beds.
Norman, the hospital moose made a visit & Kayla ate lunch with child life & friends she made when she was inpatient at Providence (Aug. - Oct. '07).
We will be making a trip to Seattle the first week in May. She will have numerous tests & will be having her port replaced. We hope to only be there for about 10 days. We have to be back for her Sisters graduation on May 15Th.
They have put her transplant on hold for an undetermined amount of time. Her Rheumatologists and her Pediatrician are keeping a close eye on her. We will update the medical part during her visit to Seattle.
Thank you for all your Prayers
Jeneice & Rick

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Thanks so much for this update. I've been assuming "no news is good news" since I haven't heard anything (and haven't crossed paths with you at GSLC - we've been battling the flu, etc.) I am so so SO excited that Kayla is behaving like your average teen - Kayla, you so deserve that!

Jeneice - thank you for your sweet, sweet message..... keep me posted on your Seattle schedule.