Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Today is a very sucky day. I feel like complete crap. My back is still spasming, my chest is still tight, and my head is killing me. When I tried to get out of bed this morning I almost toppled over. The only reason I didn't end up on the floor is cuz Dad was there. The doctors think I have a little fluid around my lungs, so they're giving me extra diuretics to help get rid of it. They are also considering another steroid pulse to help keep the other diseases at bay. There is good news too though. Just a few minutes ago the rehab coordinater came by to discuss a longer term plan, which means I'm that much closer to discharge date. If I can just stop feeling like I just went through the ringer, I can try some exercising. They said that the reason I'm all light headed and dizzy is because my electrolites are messed up. The doctors say that is because they are trying to wean me off the diuretics, and the docs got a little ahead of themselves. They wanted to try PFTs (pulmonary function test) today, but there's no way I could stay off my oxygen for ten minutes. Heck, I can't even stay off my oxygen for one minute before start to crumble. I can't let it get me down though. I am getting stronger every walk, and we're almost ready to start on stairs. After we get this fluid figured out. Just keep praying it's nothing serious, just a little extra water. Well, i am gonna have to say ta ta, i'm not feeling very well.

P.S. I just want to say that all the prayers are much appreciated, so keep 'em coming. Right now if you want to pray for me, just pray that we figure out what's wrong soon.

5 comments:

wanna be doggie said...

Hi Kayla, it's me, Dr. Monica. I'm sorry you are having such a sucky day...Cheeto and Pugsy and Asia are sending you their snarfly kisses, and I'm sending a prayer, can you feel them?? We all thought of you yesterday, wondering if you got your get-out-of-jail-free card (C. diff retest). Have you heard any news yet??? Pugsy was especially thinking of you because he had indigestion and he can't imagine what having C. diff is like. The weather here is very sad today...cold and windy and grey. You're hogging all the spring down there; mind sharing a little?

Shannon said...

Hey Kayla,
Just wanted to say how amazed we are with your strength. You will find that once you get through all this (& you will) that nothing in life will ever keep you down. Keep looking up and finding positive things to focus on each day. I know Seattle is a hard place to do that but even rain can be beautiful. I love your sense of humor and that will carry you far in life. We pray for you often. The Kilburys (aunt Kats friends)

Ruth said...

Kayla - checking on you every day. I just got home from chemo, so off for a nap and hope I don't wake up feeling sucky....

Spook, Carol & Michaela said...

Kayla,

Sorry to hear that you are not doing very well today. But, we are glad to hear they are working on a long term plan for you. We hope you feel better soon and get your energy back! :)

Adios Amigo

The Danner Clan said...

Hey Kayla. I hope you get feeling better soon. The ups and downs sound hard to handle. So if you want to get your mind on something else go to our blog. We're tracking our move to Utah. We're in an apartment right now which isn't great because there's no where to go for quiet. Looking forward to being in our new home. Love you! Lezlee