Sunday, July 13, 2008

Oh...my....gosh! We just got back from a trip out towards Prince William Sound in Whittier. We went out with our friends Pat and Carrie, they were on their boat and we were on ours this time (the picture of me holding up the halibut, that is on Pat and Carrie's boat last summer). I am pretty sure all of my Alaskan readers have heard the "26 glacier cruise": song on the radio at some point in time, even in you didn't know it. Well, we saw almost half of those 26 glaciers, plus multiple more tiny ones. And hundreds of waterfalls. We saw dozens of otters, even a baby seal! It was kind of surreal, being so close to nature. There's just nothing that can compare to hearing the crack of a glacier calving, or seeing a mama otter with her baby floating on her belly. Not to mention the fishing! We caught some rock fish, a few dogfish, a few Irish lords, and Carrie caught a 59" long halibut! They also put out some shrimp pots, and the only thing I can say about fresh caught shrimp, is that I may never be able to eat frozen again! Man, and when we were just basking in the sun, looking out over the green-blue water smooth as glass, and the deep green mountains surrounded by glaciers, I had a total appreciation for God (not that I didn't already, don't get me wrong! I just mean in a different way), and the way he made the earth. We will have some pics on our Picasa album, and maybe you might get a hint of what I'm talking about!

Mwaaa! (big slobbery kiss)
loves yas!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I'm glad you are out having some fun!