Thursday, July 24, 2008

Okay, I kind of need some feedback here. Ruth just shut down the "cancer blog" for good. She had good reason though. She is finalizing with her cancer. Am I done? I sure as heck hope so. But Should I keep this blog for petty things that happen in a "normal" teenage life? Or should I count it as an omen to keep blogging on a blog that was originally made to tell the progress of a deadly illness? Like I said, I need feedback. Peace homies.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

thought i'd stop by, and say hi!

Shannon said...

Boy Kayla, the thought of not being able to check up on you and see how you are doing whenever I want just bums me out a little and thrills me to death at the same time. No one would think any less of you if you just got on with your life and enjoyed being a teenager and stopped blessing us with your creative thoughts. I would suggest that you try and print your blog out if you can before getting rid of it so you can keep it as a memory of what all you have had to go through. We did something of the same for Ryan when he finally seem to get out of the woods and back to a normal routine. He has a memory box that hold many card, letters and various other little trinkets from his time in Seattle. We have enjoyed getting to know what an amazing young woman you are and you have helped us to keep our own lives in perspective but maybe now it is time for you to just enjoy yourself with your family and friends. I sure hope you have a great summer.

The Kilburys

Anonymous said...

Kayla,

Why not use your Blog as a sounding block. You have an amazing talent in writing. I know your blog started as a way to update people on your condition, but you could spice it up and post some of your poems, writing & thoughts. Post pictures of all your fun in Alaska and your up coming trips.
Friend
A

Anonymous said...

hey kayla, my suggestion is that you keep this blog because its the only real way that i can keep up with whats going on with you and i really enjoy being able to come on here and read what you have been up to. or if you wanted you could start another blog that didnt center around all the troubles you have had. It brings me great joy to know that you have been doing better and have been able to lead more of the normal life that you deserve. I find it a privledge to know such a special, talented, and strong person. I hope my advice works, and if you do decide to start a new blog keep this one up long enough to tell us where we can check on it. I also agree with shannon on printing this out as a memory of your past. You are an amazing young lady and i hope maybe you can come to lovelock to visit some time this year because i will be leaving town at the very end of the year or beginning of next year because my hubby joined the army. I hope to see you before then.
Lots of love,
Heather

Ruth said...

Of course I would like you to keep it open.......or at least start a new one -fresh........ but as I've said before: do as I say, not as I do. ;) Love you bunches.

Ruth said...

Never say never......