Monday, May 12, 2008

Ports, Pics & Hickmans????

Our trip to Seattle was supposed to fix Kayla's Port problem.
Well it worked for less than 72hours. Kayla woke me this morning with her port site dressing full of blood & I assume heparin.
After checking into Providence this morning, the nurse was changing her dressing, out of the catheter came saline solutions. Four days post port surgery & she had to be de-accessed & reaccessed.
Has anyone had this much trouble with Central IVs? This poor girl can't seem to catch a break in this area.
Please pray for her port to work & her pain minimal
Thanks & God Bless.
Jeneice & Rick

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I never had this much trouble with my port. I'm so sorry you guys are having such a time.... Dr. Judy Whitcomb put my port in. I don't know if it's worth a call to her, or if you have it under control.

Trying to control my need to fix things.

Is Kayla going to make confirmation on Sunday???