Monday, June 18, 2007

Hello everyone! Another entry of complaints, but there are some good things too. Well, the overnight pass this weekend went fairly well, but when we got back to the hospital, things got a little rocky. It turns out they don't like to start mixing the IVIG until the patient is back, and they are certain that they will be able to give it on schedule (I guess the IVIG is very expensive, and only lasts a few hours after being prepared). So we got back around 8, it didn't get started until almost 11 (it takes that long to prepare it, then 3 hours of actual infusion), and so we didn't get to bed until almost 2 in the morning. Then today we got a late start, I was running on empty, and they have me on one of the busiest schedules I've had so far. That and I always manage to get the most annoying morning nurses, so they get to face the morning bear (I was worse this moprning, from lack of sleep and pain, and I just can't tolerate them normally!) I was late getting up, so I was late for OT, which ran over and I was therefore late for school (usually I have an hourm, this time I only had about 20 minutes of work time). This also ran over, making me late for pool, then we rushed back to my room for lunch, and to see my doc since that was the only times I had open where she could see me. Then PFTs at 1:00, then PT then OT then rehab psych and now I am using up my rehab rec. time for this, so I'll let you go soon and come back after. But I guess I got a little buit of a break (even if it was accidental) since they got mixed up at where I was having my PT (she thought we had it on the 6th floor, since we usually do, but today we had speed bag so everything was scheduled for 3rd floor. Ok, I'm gonna go but I'll be back, I don't want to miss all my rec. time!!! ttfn

No comments: