Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Hello hello! First off, I would like to point out only 4 more days until discharge!! It looks like it's still a go, since they are doing a sleep study on me tomorrow to find out the exact pressures I need for my C-pap (the machine they use to help my lungs expand more, so that I don't have to work so hard to breath while I sleep). They have a special person to arrange all the discharge stuff (like a shower seat, wheelchair, etc.). These are all pretty good indications that I'm still leaving. One thing we heard today kind of sent up some flags for me though, but I'll get to that in a minute. Just like every other day, I have new complaints: this morning, they sent me one of those instant carnation breakfasts. One, it was strawberry (I specifically told them no strawberry, or vanilla; strictly chocolate) two, that was ALL they sent me. They really expect me to be able to work out without keeling over, running on an instant breakfast. I know a good way to give me my protein: BRING IN THE FREAKING BACON!!! Sausage, eggs, something. I know there are tons of food that are full of protein, and they do have them here. I just have to find out where they hide them.......That was one thing. I was able to take my frustration out on the speed bag though (OK, there has been some confusion on what it is exactly, but it's like a punching bag, and it looks like the thingy in the back of your throat, the hangy bally thingy that I don't think has any significance, but whatever). Then I am whisked off to school, as usual, or so we thought. Turns out somebody forgot to change the Master Transport Schedule chart and it said I had pool every day BUT today (my PT last week swore up and down she booked it for every day this week, including today). It turned out OK though, since I got in an extra half hour of school, and I was still able to swim for about 15 minutes (they were lucky I was thinking this morning, since I put my suit on when I got dressed, knowing I would be going straight from school to the pool). Well, hopefully there won't be any schedule mix ups for tomorrow, which I don't think there will be since I don't have school. But I do have an outing, so hopefully that goes well. Only 4 more days.................can you believe it?!?!?!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Glad to hear all is going so great and I do so agree with you on anything strawberry (yuck) but I do like real strawberries. Sounds like it is a go for your discharge that is so great. Do you still have the same routine when you are discharged and that you have pt and ot and school and swimming oh yes and we much not forget the speed bag. Well tell for the rest of the week you want to be off the breakfast in a cup program. Love Aunt Kat