A wonderful young lady with Systemic Juvenile Rheumatiod Arthritis and Macrophage Activation Syndrome. I seem to defy the laws of modern medical science. We are home, and the wacky regimen of meds is working........for now. I know that God intended this life, and has a plan for me, be it dying tomorrow or living to be 100. I like to think that even though my life is tough, everything I've been through (and will go through) will help someone to not have to go through their life quite as hard.
Sunday, June 10, 2007
Hi all. Sorry, rehab keeps me busier than I thought, and it's the first chance I've gotten to actually sit down and think about something at a normal if not slow pace. My days start about 8:30 am, when I get up for meds and breakfast. I get ready and start O/T at 9:30-10:00, P/T at 10:00-10:30, and depending, I have either rehab psych or rehab rec. an hour of school, an hour for lunch, and then another half hour of O/T P/T. I do have the rest of the day off, and Sundays. One would hope they would give you a break, being the day of rest and all. But anyway. Everything is going fine (well, as good as it can be). We actually found out the cause of all my back problems: a small stress fracture. They are going to fit me for a brace and hopefully that will bring down the spasms and overall pain until it heals. I am so excited, tomorrow there is a therapist coming to teach me how to do more things on the speedbag (I'm really good). Then on Tuesday we are going out with rehab rec. to Barnes and Noble. They actually give me 25 dollars to spend, as part of "transitioning back into the community. Well, surprise surprise, I have to go right now but will be back to tell you how my first day off went.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Stress fracture? Sheesh. And what's a speedbag??? I'm jealous you are going to Barnes and Noble. I'm not in the hospital and I haven't been there in 6 months!
Hey there the speed bag I bet that alone helps get your frustration out. I tried calling to see if you had a couple of books in the series you like of Melody Carlson. you need to give me a list you know how i am always at the book store ha. Love and kisses Aunt Kat
Post a Comment