Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Hi everyone. Not such a good day today. My back keeps getting worse, and the only thing we can do about it is bump up the pain meds. I hate going up on those things, it feels like I'm cheating by using them. I mean, I'm already on Morphine, Robaxin, Oxycodone, and Tylenol for pain. Not even all those together cuts it anymore, so they are upping the Robaxin even more (I was on 1 pill every four hours, now they are adding an extra half pill to the morning and half pill in the evening.) Even though I don't like it, I'm open to it if it'll help. I really hope it does, cuz I won't be able to go many more PT OT sessions if it gets any worse. Remember how I was going on my outing today? Exnay that little idea. I was fine during PT, but I was starting to get a little sore, so we called my nurse for some more pain meds (Oxycodone), plus I was running out of O2 in my portable tank. That was around 1:45, and I had OT right after until 2:30. The crappy part is the friggin nurse never brought my pain med, so my pain was out of control by the time I got the meds in my system. And what usually happens when pain gets out of control? It is very hard to get back under control. So me, being stupid as I am, decided to grin and bear it and try my outing anyway (stupid stupid move). I was alright until we were trying to get into the van, then WHAMMO!!! Major spasm. That was the end of our Barnes and Noble escapade, unfortunately. Since a lot of my pain is also in my hip, they are going to take an X-ray to make sure there are no fractures there too (since they seem to be everywhere else). There is one good thing about today though. We got the all clear from all the different docs to go into the pool, so that starts tomorrow. Wish me luck on getting my back figured out, cuz it looks like I'll need a few extra prayers to figure out this dilemma. With much love, I will sign off here to eat my instant spuds. =...(

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I just had a nice visit with your Dad as he passed through the homestead on his way back to work. I am disappointed to hear your day was not great, but I'm still thinking of you constantly. All the same people who are praying for me are praying for YOU - a two for one special - and I'm feeling OK these days so try and keep up! ;) Will check on you tomorrow.