Friday, June 1, 2007

OK, I will try and get this straight, so I don't miss-inform anyone. I got my knee MRI today, and it actually showed something. Vascular Necrosis, when the blood flow to the bone is temporarily lost, causing the bone to collapse. They don't know exactly how we're going to treat it, since I already take Fosomax to maintain my bone density (lovely steroid side effect), but they are talking about putting me on IV pulses of it. That and I am banned from climbing stairs, and they want me on crutches, which really screws everything up. Some good news is we finally got to go to the zoo today. God was definitely looking in on us today, b/c when we got to the zoo, there were 1500 kids leaving the zoo, which was more than a blessing since we had forgotten to bring any masks with us. We got some awesome pictures that I promise we will post. Turns out I lied, and dad is staying till Tuesday it looks like. I guess that's for the better though. Oh, and I don't have to check my blood sugar or do insulin anymore. They just check my glucose with my regular blood draws on Mondays and Thursdays. Well, it's Friday night, and I need to go so I can get my parents to bed across the street so I can party by myself tonight!!! Nah, I'll probably end up turning in early, catch up on the lost ZZZs from this week. Nighty-night!!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Oh Kayla - your knee!!! ARGH!! I just don't know what else to say!! You are really amazing, how you are trooping through all of this. You inspire me to stop my whining. ;)

Anonymous said...

hey kayla havent goten to talk lately ive been really busy with our animals. were in a finacial hole. i dont have any hay and i have two pregnant goats, goathead whos due two days ago and katmai (maybe) karlee had still borns uhhh. It 54 degrees in wasilla right now at 9:21 am and it doesnt get much warmer its nice you update your blog and you know what. i couldnt go through what your going through, i would be a meltdown. if you need me to i could take your goats out in your backyard and lettin em eat for a hour or so. so email me at hammonds@gci.net or hockeychamp21@yahoo.com

KATRINA