Monday, June 4, 2007

Today I have a lot to say, since I haven't updated in a few days (sorry bout that). One is I have another infection. Don't worry though, we caught it in time. The treatment is either a ten day round of IV antibiotics, or an IM shot in each butt cheek. I chose the shot, but it hurt like heck. So they decided to try another antibiotic more fit for this type of infection (they thought it was E. coli, but it's something else, can't remember off the top of my beautifully bald head), and it's orally for ten days. That news is the worst I have to give you though. WE GO TO REHAB TOMORROW!!!!! I even got to choose between two rooms. It's actually really cool, the rehab unit is. The rooms aren't very big, but the bathrooms are. It has a desk, a bed, a couch, a glider chair, and shelving and cupboards for storage. Then there is also the nutrition room down the hall, and a dining room/den type place. The kitchen has an oven, a fridge, a microwave, and a toaster. The den is kind of like the dining room, but there is a seperate dining table, and a TV with comfy couch and chairs. There's also a covered outdoor patio. Well, I have to go now, we have tickets to the Mariners/Baltimore game. take me out to the ball game............................

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey kayla is katrina. so rehab is like...getting you ready to come back to Alaska?
katrina
PS I saw your goats are still there do you want me to bring em some grass or braches?

Ruth said...

Kayla - I'm so glad you are sprinkling a little "normal" in between all your treatments. It sounds like your new room will be FABULOUS compared to.... uh, isolation! More chemo today for me, so I'll check in when I surface. Love, Ruth