Sunday, December 2, 2007

Deck the halls with boughs of hol-ly, fa la la la la, la la la la!!!! The play, was AWESOME!!!! I recommend it to anyone who can go! And, as soon as I can, I will post pictures. I felt soooo embarrassed though, because`my water fell as soon as they made everyone quiet and lowered the lights and everything, my water FELL!!! And all anyone could hear throughout the auditorium was the THUMP, THUMP, THUMP, THUMP, of m y water down about 100 steps. I was so embarrassed!!! But a very cool thing happened during intermission. We got a tour of backstage!! We saw all sorts of things: costumes, the orchestra pit, some ballerinas, the sets, even got to meet the main character! That was super special. And it, very appropriately, snowed! Then we went out to P.F. Chang's for dinner. All in all, it was a very cool Saturday. The best I could have asked for!

And I want everyone to keep praying for a continuing recovery for Maggie. Well, here is that poem I was telling you about:

All of me is not what is here,
there's more to me than meets the eye,
what is close may not be near,
but hiding with an alibi.

At first glance may seem the same,
normalcy with a different meaning,
to some and all life's just a game,
never pain of suffering, bleeding.

There are two sides to every story,
where there is light there's always dark,
where defeat tramps at glory,
and two in one embark.

On a journey of a precious kind,
applied all throughout life,
from forward and behind,
I think this life will have to suffice!

Well, let know what y'all think! Ta ta ta ta ta, ta ta ta ta!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kayla
I love P.F. Changs!! I like your poem. What does your dress look like? Love You Ash

Kat said...

we just got a P.F Changs it is not open yet soon. How did you score a bacdkstage pass? You dropped your waterbottle oops no big deal!!! I am so happy that you had such a good time! Well I will talk to you later lots of love P.s how are you liking your books? Love you lots Kathi

Anonymous said...

Hey girl... its Heather...i am not sure if you remember me but i work for your grandma Trish... you watched my son last year when you were here... well anyways girly i know everything that has been going on with you and you are sooo strong... i dont think i could handle it as well as you are... we all miss you and are praying that you get better. As for as your transplant my mom is going to make some quilts that we can sell at the Cowpoke to help pay for it. Well anyway my e-mail is Redneckmama2@hotmail.com keep in touch girl and stay positive!!!
by the way i now have 2 little boys e-mail me and ill send you pics

Love Heather, Nick, Donald, and Dillon

Jenna said...

Beautiful poem! Love it love it love it!

Ruth said...

Love your poem. I'm so glad you got to go out and have a good time!! Can't wait to see you, in just 10 days!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis..awesome poem!! I also would like to know what your dress looked like. I am looking forward to pictures.
Love Aunt Moosie