A wonderful young lady with Systemic Juvenile Rheumatiod Arthritis and Macrophage Activation Syndrome. I seem to defy the laws of modern medical science. We are home, and the wacky regimen of meds is working........for now. I know that God intended this life, and has a plan for me, be it dying tomorrow or living to be 100. I like to think that even though my life is tough, everything I've been through (and will go through) will help someone to not have to go through their life quite as hard.
Saturday, September 8, 2007
DUN DUN DUN..........................no more good news, yet. I had a central line put in yesterday. (that really hurt!) It is called a Hickman, and if you want to know more about it, go to http://wwwcancerhelp.org.uk/help/default.asp?page=2586 . I also have to get a colonoscopy on Monday, so i can't eat until then, that is if they don't find anything to interfere with anything. It was a wonderful surprise though, because Andy and Laura came to visit me on Tuesday night after they dropped Andy's uncle at the airport. Then today, an even better surprise was that Ms. Velma Peck came to visit me. Well, I'm gonna go now, my Hickman is still pretty sore. By the way, speaking of THAT, I suggest you don't research it if you have too weak of a stomach (although this website isn't too graphic!) See ya'll later. I probably won't be on until like Tuesday, cuz I will be pretty unsociable until then. Gotta go, my doc is here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh, my dad had a colonoscophy done a while back...anyway that really done stink your at providence again, i will call you on tuesday.katrina
Kayla,
Sorry to hear you are back in the Hospital, hope you get better soon. I know the Hickman line is a pain but on the positive side, they shouldn't have to poke you anymore. They should be able to do everything through your line. No more pic lines, no more IVs no more blood draws. They should even be able to administer meds through it. Just be care to keep it CLEAN. No infections young lady! Just kidding. Take care and keep your head up.
The Kilburys
Post a Comment