Sunday, September 16, 2007

I really don't feel like it, but I'd better, just to let everyone know what is going on. Well, they took a film of my stomach this morning, and the outcome isn't very bright. It looks like some of the contrast I drank on Wednesday is still where it was today as it was then. that means that my bowel muscles aren't working properly. There are a few different ways of handling this. One is, of course, medication. Another is surgery, but who want to have that kind of surgery? So what they said is that it might be the lipids that are keeping my pancreatic numbers elevated. If that's the case, then we should be able to control it with meds, I think. They are going to stop my lipids and then take another film either tomorrow or Tuesday. If nothing has changed, then she will let me eat, and see how long it takes for me to get sick again, which is a blessing and a curse. I am allowed to eat, but I know it will make me sick eventually. the good news is I can have whatever I want to eat, once I'm on the full diet. There are also a few steps until it get s unbearable. I am either happy, healthy, and out of the hospital, here and sick, in Seattle and happy and in the hospital, or sick in Seattle. I really want to be out. Not just to be out, but it's my B-day in 15 days! Oh, and if you couldn't already tell, I doubt I'll be in confirmation very soon. Just pray that I can get out before my birthday. I don't care about any other holidays I have spent in a hospital (almost every one), but my birthday cannot be one of them!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah what do you want for your birthday kayla? i hope your out bythen but ill come see you any way it goes, so your stuck with me. if you need me to take care of your goats it really isnt a problem, whatever you need. katrina

Ruth said...

ARGH. I just found out Sunday afternoon that you are back in the hospital!!! I'll talk to you soon. Hugs and kisses and stuff.

Anonymous said...

okay, so you may not be with us physically, but you can be with us in spirit...at confirmation that is. How about I send you a recap after each session? The group is always interested in how you are doing, so I'll be sure to keep them in the loop, so-to-speak. And of course, we'll be praying for you continuously. love and peace to you. Corinne