A wonderful young lady with Systemic Juvenile Rheumatiod Arthritis and Macrophage Activation Syndrome. I seem to defy the laws of modern medical science. We are home, and the wacky regimen of meds is working........for now. I know that God intended this life, and has a plan for me, be it dying tomorrow or living to be 100. I like to think that even though my life is tough, everything I've been through (and will go through) will help someone to not have to go through their life quite as hard.
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Okay, so I've finally broken down and learned how to read my lab results! I mean, why wait for the rents when I only need to know what a few numbers mean? and besides, they have an H or an L next to it to say whether it's too high or too low. But anyway, most of my numbers are coming down. At least, all the ones that need to. my Amylase and Lipase are two markers for the pancreas, and they are coming down nicely. On the twenty-fourth, it was Lipase 407, and today it is 281. Amylase was 638, now it's 457. If they keep coming down at this rate, there's still a chance I can make it to Ruth's party. Even if I can't eat, I'd still like to come! They seem to think if I am not out of here by then, I will most definitely be out by my birthday, but that's only 2 days away from each other! But whatever. At least my line drew nicely this morning. She didn't even have to wake me up to stand me on my head or anything (no joke, they really did tilt my bed up so that "gravity could contribute to the blood flow up to my line. what kind of bull is that? All it did was give me a headache!)! Maybe there's hope for me yet. speaking of, my headache is gone, and I got rid of it without acupuncture! (I don't know why, but I just really don't want to do that). Well, keep praying, it seems do be doing some good! By the way, if you haven't noticed, my birthday IS in a few days (hint hint)! Gotta, go, child life is here, there is a therapy dog that I think is soooo cute! She's a corgi!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Anxiously looking for an update today (Friday). I hope the news continues to be as good as this post....
Yes, after they tilted me back to draw from my port I was like: "Here's my arm - just do it the old-fashioned way!"
Post a Comment