A wonderful young lady with Systemic Juvenile Rheumatiod Arthritis and Macrophage Activation Syndrome. I seem to defy the laws of modern medical science. We are home, and the wacky regimen of meds is working........for now. I know that God intended this life, and has a plan for me, be it dying tomorrow or living to be 100. I like to think that even though my life is tough, everything I've been through (and will go through) will help someone to not have to go through their life quite as hard.
Saturday, October 6, 2007
Hello to all and to all a hello! Not much new in our neck of the woods, but I figure I need to keep up anyway. I can bore you to death with what I've done since getting out. Absolutely nothing! We've had to go into town both Friday and today for blood draws, which has proved unpleasant. Not because of line issues or anything, but my numbers are totally whacked out. My pancreatic markers, my amylase and lipase, are out the roof high. They are supposed to be in the hundred range, and one is 1200 and the other is in the 800s. not good, at ALL. And yesterday we had a bit of a scare. My stomach started cramping again, so we were kind of freaked I'd have to go back in. We called the doc and she said take some morphine, wait a while, and call her back. After I took my second morphine, I started feeling better, so it was a close call, but we managed to go two days without readmission. A down flip is that since my numbers are soooo high, I am back on a strict Pedialite diet until they come down, and we won't check them again until Monday! Blech, and I thought non fat was bad! Well, enough complaining for one night, I'm waiting to talk to a woman about a goat (get, it? Instead of a man about a horse? ha ha ha.......) See you all in church tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Kayla,
Spent my Saturday getting ready for snow. You know, putting away pots, chairs, etc. Looks pretty bare out there. I didn't get to church today. I seem to have contracted a head cold. You certainly don't need to be around anyone whose the least bit sick, now do you. I'll just have to wait till I'm germ free to see you. Keep smiling!
A woman about a goat good one you cant buy that kinda funny. Uncle Asa's birthday was yesterday I tried to have a surprize party for him of course Mr.Noisy found out though. Sure wish you all lived closer. I glad you did not have to go back in and so sorry about the yucky drink you have to have for food. You are in our prayers have a good day Love Aunt Kat
Post a Comment