Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Okay, big big big news. The whole transplant thing? It's already set up! They've got housing arrangements, procedure arrangements, and blah blah blah. The donor is still willing, and is a young strapping dude who is raring to help me. We go down on November 7th, November 27th we start the actual treatment prep (two weeks of it), and after that the actual procedure is on December 7th. We have to stay down there for at least 100 days, maybe more, depending on how well it all goes (which it is going to go smooth as glass!). The whole thing isn't crystal clear, and I will update as needed. Another comforting thought is that whatever Medicaid won't pay for, the hospital will pick up the rest. We don't even have to get rid of any of the animals! It seems like this thing is already thought through by the Big Guy. I'm anxious, but not in a bad way. It's just all happening so fast, it's a whirlwind of thoughts! Oh, and they are letting me have chicken noodle soup and crackers!!! The day is good!!!

8 comments:

Shannon said...

Kayla,

WOW!!! I'm thrilled to hear that everything is moving forward in a positive way. Sometimes we do have to just put it in God's hands and let him do the driving. (kinda like that song by Carrie Underwood) Keep thinking positive and I'm sure it will all work out. I know you don't really want to be in Seattle but I think that is the best place when you are getting ready to do the whole transplant thing. We will keep our prayers going for you and what a great belated b-day gift.
Take care,
Shannon

Ruth said...

Yes YES YES!!!!! I am jumping up and down in my kitchen, not only because your transplant is a GO, but because of your renewed spirit and fighting attitude!! You go girl! When are they springing you from Prov? Send me an email and let me know. I can come see you on Friday if you're still there.

Ruth said...

P.S. I could not have asked for a better birthday present than this news!

Anonymous said...

Hey~ We met tonight for confirmation. Cassie, Maggie, Michaela, and me. We talked about the BIG BANG theory. A b-ball coach/member of our church/science teacher from Houston Jr., came and spoke to us about the scientific view vs. bible, and how he thought they meshed together. I liked what he had to say. We prayed for you in our small group as well as in our big group. You are always with us. I hate to sound stupid, but I guess I have no choice...what type of transplant are you scheduled for? I think I missed one of your blogs regarding that, sorry. I am so happy that you had a wonderful b-day. You deserve your own parade!!!!!! Hmmmm...maybe we can work on that what do think Ruth? Hey Kayla, you know, God knew what he was doing when he made you. (smile)

Anonymous said...

Oh fer Pete's sake! I forgot to mention the part we learned about prayers. PTA...Praise, Thanks, Ask. I'll give it try. Dear Lord, you are glorious! Thank you for my friend Kayla. Please heal her and put the right people in her life. Amen.

Kat said...

Well Kayla Bayla Boo looks like you are going to be in my neck of the woods again only this time with a rainbow and sunshine above your head. I am so thanking God the you have your stong will back who knew we would be thanking God for the stong willed child ha ha. Lots of hugs and kisses. Love Aunt Kat

Kat said...

Okay after my blot comment was posted and I read all of my mistakes I realized I should not blog in the morning before a full can of Diet Dr.Pepper The the after God should be that stong of course is STRONG where is spell check for early morning blogs anyways well lots of love keep eating chicken noodle soup and get really strong to make four doctors scream with happiness of course. Love Aunt Kat

Sara said...

Hi Kayla! This is Sara, a nurse that took care of you at Children's. Your dad shared your blog site with me a very long time ago but due to the professioal boundary rules. But now I can because I no longer work at Children's :( because I moved back closer to home and family in Oregon. I just wanted to say that I am so sorry for all you have been through. I just want you to know that you are the toughest patient I have cared for, and I know you can stay strong through the next phase of the transplant. I will be thinking of you and your family. You have amazing parents and I know you all can get through this too. Say hi to your parents for me too, and I'll be praying for you.
Keep the beautiful smile on your face.
Sara V.