Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Howdy ho!! Okay, so maybe life doesn't suck as much as I thought it did. I have my family with me, and even though I'm in the hospital, at least I still feel good. I've got oodles of people who care about me, and here with me a mom, a dad and sister, a grandma and a grandpa, and another Father that cares about me. I'm loved, so I'll live. It was tough, but then I started thinking, and I thought why spoil the whole day. The hospital threw me a party, and gave me flowers and a 20 $ gift certificate to Best Buy, and mom and dad and Nonie and Ralph (grandma and grandpa) threw me a little one, presents and all. Then today, my sister came in and we are having a slumber party. Both nights we had treats, and there haven't been any complaints from my body. I guess all I'm saying is maybe I should count my blessings, while I have them. Really quick, I'll give you a little inventory of my gift list: a book, a horse magazine, four pairs of earrings, two pairs of socks, a game for my game boy, a really nice pen set, two mechanical pencils, a notebook, a deck of cards, two more pens, a wind chime, five tiaras (one that lights up), a wand, eleven singing nurses, five grunting doctors, three squealing surgeons, jelly belly gumballs, a needlepoint kit, a blow up guitar, and a partridge in a pear tree!!!! And we can't forget the no Pudge Fudge brownies! With frozen fat free cool whip. All in all, my day wasn't really as bad as I made it out to be. And before I go, I want to emphasize how grateful I am to have such wonderful people in my life. Ruth, you always know what to say. Corrine, you find light in the darkest places, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAGGIE!!!! Katrina, you're such an awesome friend, and what would I do without my family, (Aunt Kat and Kristy!!!) Oh, and I don't remember if I mentioned, but my line is doing much better, and there is a complaint being set into motion (I did say there were three squealing surgeons, did I not? I just never said why they were squealing, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!) Okay, maybe I've had one too many brownies, I'm starting to sound like a sugar maniac. I am going to leave you now with the knowledge that no matter what, I am always blessed with the best of life!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey im glad your'e doing better hope you like my presents, hope to talk with you soon!

Kat said...

I am thanking God that you are feeling better and not just health wise but emotionally too. I still must say you are my light in the day when I am being a whiner and complaining about the little things I think about how this year has been so tuff you are a little (BIG) fighter may you always realize we are all with you in spirit and in mind if we are not there in Alaska lots of love Aunt Kat

Anonymous said...

It's good to hear, your in better spirits. We made caramel apples the other day and I thought of you. I remember having fun cooking with you and can't wait to do it again. There are sooo many things I want to ask, but I'll save them for my next visit. Love and hugs.

Anonymous said...

Thanks sweetie! You ARE a light, don't ya know.