A wonderful young lady with Systemic Juvenile Rheumatiod Arthritis and Macrophage Activation Syndrome. I seem to defy the laws of modern medical science. We are home, and the wacky regimen of meds is working........for now. I know that God intended this life, and has a plan for me, be it dying tomorrow or living to be 100. I like to think that even though my life is tough, everything I've been through (and will go through) will help someone to not have to go through their life quite as hard.
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Hi all! Well, my rash is on the mend, it is mostly dried out, and I might even be considered (I hate saying this......) "crusted" (when there are no open wounds, that kind of thing). I LOVE the Wii, it is sooooo COOL!!!! I am a master at boxing, pretty good at tennis,bowling, and golf, and I'm ok at the baseball. I actually worked up a sweat last night! I was out of breath and everything! For dinner we had salmon and asparagus and roasted potatoes (obviously mom cooked and brought it over, no WAY could the hospital muster up something like that. They have even managed to mess up a fruit plate! In Seattle!). And then we had these cute little cakes. Be back later, I have VISITORS!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hope you are having a great day today Kayla. Here is a litttle Dr. humor for you :)
Mr. Johnson was overweight, so his doctor put him on a diet.
He said; “I want you to eat regularly for two days, then skip a day, and repeat this procedure for two weeks. The next time I see you, you should have lost at least five pounds.”
When Mr. Johnson returned, he shocked the doctor by having dropped almost twenty pounds.
“Why, that’s amazing!” the doctor told him. “You did this just by following my instructions?”
The slimmed down Mr. Johnson nodded. “I’ll tell you, though, I though I was going to drop dead that third day.”
“From hunger, you mean.”
“No,” replied Mr. Johnson, “from skipping.”
Hey girl... that sounds like an awesome dinner. (actually to me it dont i dont like fish yuck) but hey if you enjoyed it thats what counts. im glad you are making the best of your stay and i am glad your friends and dad come down to see you. i hope that you get better soon and get the hell outta that hospital!
lots of love.
Heather and family
Post a Comment