Ho Ho Howdy!!! Merry Christmas, officially! I know, you may think it's a little odd I'm posting at such an ungodly hour, but I couldn't sleep. I was able to get out on pass today, and so me and mom went and hung together at the Ron Don for a few hours, which was very nice. Just being in my good old jeans and laying around with mom. Just being outside these four disgusting walls was nice. Not so good news came back this morning, though. They repeated the CT scan today, to compare to the one they did on.......I think it was Thursday. Well, the first unpleasant thing was I had to guzzle Barium.....which they were disgusting enough to mix with ORANGE SODA!!!
Oh my gosh, that was barf city there (not literally, thank God). The results were definitely not what we wanted to hear, though. They think ( these doctors always "think", they never know. It can get a little old, always hearing, "well, we THINK this, or we THINK that") I may have lost some of the fat around my stomach. Now, I'm sure the majority of you are thinking, "Has she gone mad? A little loss of fat around the stomach?!") It's something we could all use a little of, am I right? Wrong. This is not the lovely little muffin top rolling over the waist of my pants, people. We're talking the good kind of fat, the fat that protects the lining of your stomach. Therefore, in losing this little bit of fat, my stomach is more vulnerable. They seem to have seen some vessel that is pressed up against part of my upper bowel, causing it to contract enough that things can't pass. I'm still not 100% sure what this entails. They said that if things don't improve, it could lead to a feeding tube. Now, this is not the most pleasant thing to get placed, but I don't think it will be too bad, since it's like 5 times smaller than that NG tube I had when we first came in. And I woke up to this fiasco! That was not a very nice Christmas present. But all we could do was shrug it off and enjoy our time together. So we did. And today, we are going to do the exact same thing. It's all we can do.........
5 comments:
Kayla,
You are free to post whatever you want, whenever you want it. You have certainly earned that right through your suffering. You are in our thoughts and prayers and we wish you a Merry Christmas. We celebrate Christ's coming into the world to be with us wherever we are, in the midst of whatever lousy situations we might find ourselves in.
Love,
Andy
Merry Christmas little lady!!
Sure good to hear you giggle today.
I certainly you are able to keep some good Christmas eats down and relax with Mom. wump up on her at wii and DS. I so much wish I was there. It warmed up to -26 but a little breeze came in at 40 mph
supposed to break 0 tommorow yippie Oh. ya wind and snow though.
I think the roof will come off better go.
Love ya
Dad
Hi Kayla and Kayla's mom,
This is Nancy, in Sitka.
I hope your Christmas is as merry as possible. I can't imagine how boring it must be to be in a hospital room for so long.
I just wanted to let you know that you are always in our thoughts, hearts, and prayers. I got what I was hoping for this Christmas, and that was to be here and be home with my kids. And, I am even beginning to get some hair, although the kids say I look like I got electrocuted. (It's true!) Unfortunately, my husband is up at work, with your dad/husband.
I am looking forward to next Christmas when you and your family are home together, too.
You are a magnificent writer, Kayla. Do you plan on becoming an author? I hope so!
Kayla - I lack words for my outrage at your continued problems! Feeding tube???? Tell me this is a temporary thing!
Who knew there was good fat?
Blowing you kisses from Alaska.
Hey little missy I guess you just like to keep the doctors on there toes but enough already! I am glad you got to relax and take a few zzzz with your mom. How do you like the nano I am so excited for you well Just want you to know I am sending you lots of Hugs and Kisses Love Aunt Kat
Post a Comment