A wonderful young lady with Systemic Juvenile Rheumatiod Arthritis and Macrophage Activation Syndrome. I seem to defy the laws of modern medical science. We are home, and the wacky regimen of meds is working........for now. I know that God intended this life, and has a plan for me, be it dying tomorrow or living to be 100. I like to think that even though my life is tough, everything I've been through (and will go through) will help someone to not have to go through their life quite as hard.
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Merry Christmas!!! I hope everyone made the best of theirs, as we did. I was able to get a pass for 6 whole hours!! We went across the street, where we did the whole opening presents thing. I got some AWESOME stuff. I got an iPod nano, a Nintendo DS, three games to go with it, a really nice art kit, a bunch of really cool little trinkets, lots of soaps and stuff to pamper myself with, lots of socks, very yummy treats. A very nice figurine of an angel, lots of little butterfly things, etc. I am now the envy of everyone I show my iPod to. Who can blame them, it's an IPOD for goodness sake! It can hold about 1500 songs! But the best present was probably being able to spend it away from here with mom. A close second would have to be the fact that they let me have real, solid food!!! Turkey and mashed potatoes and gravy, even some dessert! Then today they let me be back on my regular diet minus beef for today! The catch, you ask? Well, I am back on clear liquids tomorrow, and I have to take this stuff called "Go Lightly". Can anyone guess what THAT does?? Yeah, yup, you guessed it. I have to prepare for a double whammy, a scope from both ends. That happens Friday. Fun stuff, I tell ya. All in all, my holiday was still better than I thought it would be. Hoping everyone had as good a time as we did!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Kayla
My Christmas was great. I glad yours was great too. I got some really cool stuff. 4 more days till 08.
Love Ashley
hey kayla,
what a cowinkidink i got an ipod nano too for christmas. Have ur people call my people and we can talk on the phone bye
Michaela
I love my ipod, and you will love yours!
I also love the grace with which you handle the twists and turns of your treatment (pun intended). I hope they figure out once and for all what the heck is going on in there. Maybe they could pass a note to your GI tract while they're in there, telling it to settle down! We have things to do!
Post a Comment