Friday, December 21, 2007

Okay, I'll be fairly quick here, but I thought it would be nice to say something myself before Christmas. Well, life sucks pretty bad right now, but as we all know, it will get better. Some good news is that Dr. Wallace is pretty positive about the prospect of me eating real food on Christmas!! I swear, that is my only wish. The only present I want is FOOD!!! They have switched me from morphine to hydromorphone, which is pretty much just a stronger form of morphine. My stomach is getting better slowly but surely. By the way, I would like to thank the WELCA ladies for the wonderful gifts, and thoughts and prayers. Thank you Nan for the advent calender. Even though we'll most likely be inpatient for Christmas, we'll make it work. Last year wasn't all that bad. The bummer part of this year is that it'll only be mom and me. Dad's at work and Kandice is spending it with the Thompsons. More good news is that the shingles is pretty much done. It can still itch and hurt up to three weeks after it is no longer contagious (the correct term is crusted over, but how revolting does that sound?!). We had a blast while Nathan and Ruth were here, it was a bummer when they had to leave. The boat show was soooo cool. There were a few down sides to it, though. There was one family, I swear, the dad had to have been the energizer bunny, cuz his offspring kept going and going and going.........Oh my. Let's just say they really didn't need those cookies and cider. Five kids, one mom, sugar. You do the math! Of course, I had to fall asleep for nothing but the carolling. No joke, I was out like a light almost as soon as it started, then woke up to hear the last dying voices! That's me, though. That's how I do. Not much else to say, really. I guess I'll blog when I have something new to blog about. Smooches!!

4 comments:

Kat said...

Hey there little missy sorry things are on the stink side of life right now crossing my fingers for food on Christmas really bummed that you and your mom will not be able to come over for Christmas...looked forward to some of your moms home stuff. I just want you to know that even though you are there and I am here you are always close to my heart lots of love Aunt Kat

Anonymous said...

Hello beautiful wats going on not much here. if you got a myspace you should add me. well i see that you got hair now its crazy curly lol. in all the pic i have seen you in you look so happy. but i wish you were here so i can show everbody i know how beautiful you are. well wright me some time im always on myspace or just email me at rezrider319@yahoo.com

Ruth said...

Well, my dear, if playing the Wii in your hospital room with a 7 year old is your idea of a blast.... we have GOT to get you out of the hospital!!!

Jenna said...

I'm sorry you'll be in inpatient for Christmas... but I pray you make the most of it!
God Bless, and Merry Christmas!!!