Saturday, May 19, 2007

Hello everybody!! Yesterday was phenomenal. First we went to the Japanese Tea Gardens, which was beautiful with all the flowers and trees in bloom. The sun was out for the most part of our tour, and so were the turtles and coy in the pond. We even saw a turtle sunbathing on a rock, and it kept sticking it's foot in the water, teasing the coy that kept swimming past. Then when we were getting from the Gardens to The Melting Pot we got a little off course, but no big deal since it took us on a nice trip around Lake Washington, and we were only a few minutes late for dinner. Speaking of, that was fantastic. First we got seated and everything, then chose our drinks and all that jazz. Then waiting on drinks we chose our food:

Cheese course: Cheddar garlic and herb and Wisconsin something or other Bleu cheese with different kinds of breads and apples and such.

Salad course: Californian salad, Chef salad, and a few others I can't recall.

Entree: We got the Flavor Fusion, and it had a broth with a citrus base and a basic herb broth, with lobster, serloin, chicken, shrimp, tuna, and assorted veggies.

Dessert: The best course, naturally. There were many tough choices, but I finally settled on Chocolate Smore's (melted milk chocolate with marshmallow paste and graham cracker crumbs) and Flaming Turtle (melted dark chocolate with pecans and caramel sauce) and to dip we had strawberries, pineapple, bananas, marshmallows rolled in graham cracker crumbs and oreo crumbs, pound cake and brownie cubes, and a big slice of cheesecake.

I don't think I'm forgetting anything, except the kitchen sink (ha ha ha). We found out last night that fondueing is not a task of speed, and dining out in a fondue restaurant is not a cheap experience. But money is meant to be spent and life is meant to be lived. Gotta go for meds, but I'll post more later!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

I've never had fondue! How fun! So glad you got to go out and enjoy some sunshine. And I'm impressed that you could eat salad and bleu cheese.... both things I have been forbidden to eat until chemo is over!

Sissy said...

Wow, it sounds like you had a blast. I would have had them roll me out in a wheel barrel, hehe I love cheese a weakness of mine. Well that and dessert they both mean trouble. What a silly little turtle, did you get pictures? What a great opportunity, I can just imagine the smell of all the blooms. I am thinking that it was relaxing and refreshing.

Everything is going good here just a ton of work and a ton of school. I think that I am going to be a full time student for ever. Na, j/k But the homework seems to never end. I miss summer vacation. No teachers and no work that was the life. hehe well I guess that I better get back to it. I am really glad that you enjoyed your field trip. ttys luv ya