Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Hi all. I come bearing good and bad news. The good news is I am going into intensive rehab next week. The bad news is that means I'm inpatient for at least three more weeks. Sometime next week I will move up to the rehab unit and start my therapy. The only thing we would be doing differently is it would be 3-4 hours a day, and it will all take place in the rehab gym instead of the regular ot/pt gym. This came as a pretty big blow since they were just talking about discharge and just doing outpatient therapy, but they think it's best to just go with three more weeks of the intensive stuff, and then to the Ron Don. That isn't all though; they say even after rehab we will still stay in Seattle for months. They do this all the time, say I can go, then whip around and change it. The docs really mean the best, but still................................Gotta go see if I can get out of this stupid hospital room for a little while, since once I start rehab my passes will be even more limited. M-A-J-O-R B-U-M-M-E-R!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I'm sorry you are disappointed by this, but I hope "intensive rehab" means it will be more, faster rehab than if you did it as an outpatient.... years from now this will be a dim memory.... hang in there. Lots of people are pulling for you.