Friday, May 4, 2007

Howdy everybody!! Kayla here, finally feeling good enough to drag out the computer and post on my own again. Yesterday was a pretty good day, I got a dose of platelets, and I'm getting a dose of blood as we speak. Today was the big conference with all the different departments involved with my case. We think we've finally found the right mix of medications to keep everything under control, that isn't steroids and won't completely wreck my immune system. I would be on Anakinra shot 2 a day every day, Enbrel 2 a day 2 times a week, and Thalidomide 1 a day every day. That and keeping everything as clean as possible, eat all the right stuff, drink the right amount of fluids, blah blah blah. Being sick is harder than you'd think. I promise I will post again later, but I have stuff to do in the meantime, so I will try more later.

5 comments:

Kat said...

Hey there how are you doing me well I have been pouting because I should have been in Seattle now visiting you but instead I am sick and in bed with the flu. I will get better and come and see you and eat all of your chocolate and your bubblegum again. Hey I must say you look adorable in the hat cute. I will try and send you a picture of Darien in her baseball gear. Love and kisses Aunt Kat

Pastor Andy Arnold said...

Hey Kayla!

Glad to hear that those docs are finally getting things figured out and that you're not reacting to the new oil, err, blood they're putting into your system. This is the triple-drug thing that Dr. Emery dreamed up in the middle of the night, right? We'll pray that it works for you and that getting off of the steroids helps you to feel better as well.

If you can e-mail us something, Laura would like to share it at her recital this Sunday. She put a nice blurb on the program asking her other students to use your phone number when they shop so that you'll get more miles.

Laura also mentioned that you might want to ask if the Music Therapy people could do anything else for you. There are lots of thing that they might be able to help you with in addition to lending you an iPod.

Blessings,
Andy

Ruth said...

Don't lick the walls, sweetie. I'm like you... trying to stay away from the sick people. (But I imagine that is hard in a HOSPITAL. Sheesh.... I vote they send you home!) ;)

Kat said...

Hey Kayla sent you pictures of little miss Darien I sent it to your email address okay. Just want you to know we love an miss you very much and even though I am not able to make the trip this weekend I am there in spirit and your always in our thoughts. Love Ya Aunt Kat

Anonymous said...

I bet you keep them on their toes, if I know you like I think I do. Make sure they treat you right, we want you back.
Love, Corinne