A wonderful young lady with Systemic Juvenile Rheumatiod Arthritis and Macrophage Activation Syndrome. I seem to defy the laws of modern medical science. We are home, and the wacky regimen of meds is working........for now. I know that God intended this life, and has a plan for me, be it dying tomorrow or living to be 100. I like to think that even though my life is tough, everything I've been through (and will go through) will help someone to not have to go through their life quite as hard.
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Sorry, I don't know where the time has flown. I was going to post Tuesday evening, but never got a chance. Then yesterday was such a day of bliss, we didn't have to get up early to come into town or anything. So naturally I wasn't able to sleep and was up at 6. Whatever, it just guaranteed a better sleep last night. All the way through to this morning, where I didn't want to get up at all. But duty calls, so here I am on the hospital's computer waiting on my IVIG (review past posts to find out what this is, or go to http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intravenous_immunoglobulin ). All my other labs came back fine, besides my white cell and platelets being a little low. My rheum. doctor wanted to do cultures because of this, and so therefore I had to get stuck four times for 1 cc of blood! That sure made my day, I tell you what. Well, now I have to go because they are about to give me Benadryl, so nighty-night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Kayla,
Glad to hear that the lab numbers were at least in a 'normal' range. We've been following your blog and think of you and your family often. We've made it all the way to Ohio and are staying with my folks. This weekend we'll visit my brother, then go and spend time with Laura's folks as we start working our way back to the west.
Love,
Andy & Laura
Post a Comment