Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Hello teardrops of my soul. Well, this has been the weirdest stay ever. things are being set in motion as we speak. I am scheduled for the procedure (I don't want to call it a surgery, since that might not be exactly what it is) at 2:00 this afternoon. They are pretty sure it is a bowel obstruction, and that this is a magic cure. meaning I will be eating Thanksgiving dinner. No promises, as usual. but whatever. Roll with the punches, go with the flow, ride the tide, ya know. Oh, and last night-and y'all may think this is pretty odd having thought of this poem during a Seahawks game (by the way they WON!)- but it had been stewing around all day, and I have a sudden urge to post it. I don't know how many of you know that I love writing poetry and stories, and have all my life. But that's besides the point. Any way, if this little ordeal goes over without glitches and the like, I should be eating by this weekend, let alone in time for Thanksgiving. Well, here it is , my masterpiece:

Thoughts
I think of all things I've not seen, And places I've not been.
I get low in the gutter, and feel I cannot win.
And then a nagging thought in mind, one I mustn't ignore,
"I have all these people around me, of whom I just adore."
Most of all my parents, they revolve around my life,
we've somehow stuck together through the worry, pain, and strife.
And all of my most closest friends, I miss them through and through,
but then I come to realize, that they may miss me too.
And of course I can't forget about my great church family,
they have a faith in Jesus, one I can hardly grasp,
It's all these things that tell me, this hell life sure won't last!

Love,
Kayla

3 comments:

Kat said...

Hey Kayla Bayla your poem was a masterpiece if I dont say so myself I am crossing fingers and toes you will be eating soooon. You truly are AMAZING dont you forget it Love Aunt Kat

Anonymous said...

Holy moley, that was one darn' god poem, kayla. I like reading poems (not writing them of course) but i hope you get better, i miss ya! call me and we can chat. katrina

Ruth said...

You are multi-talented, Kayla. Bowel obstruction??? Geez, now you are just going for the attention, right?? Hoping by the time you read this it is over and you are eating.