A wonderful young lady with Systemic Juvenile Rheumatiod Arthritis and Macrophage Activation Syndrome. I seem to defy the laws of modern medical science. We are home, and the wacky regimen of meds is working........for now. I know that God intended this life, and has a plan for me, be it dying tomorrow or living to be 100. I like to think that even though my life is tough, everything I've been through (and will go through) will help someone to not have to go through their life quite as hard.
Friday, November 16, 2007
Okay, the verdict is in. I have Crohn's disease. No big, I am starting a new med today, but the transplant hasn't been derailed an inch. Still on. I'm not feeling vey hot right now, I just had three holes drilled into my stomach including in through the bellie button. And they also managed to rip that N-G tube out, and I am on a G-1 diet. That consists of Cheerios, Rice Krispies, bananas, peaches, pears, applesauce, broths, jello, plain mashed potatoes, steamed rice, plain noodles, tea, cooked veggies, white bread, bagel, English muffin, saltine crackers, Graham cracker, white dinner roll, chicken noodle and chicken and rice soup, skinless chicken, roasted turkey, hard boiled egg, tuna sandwich, ham sandwich, turkey sandwich. That's the G-1 diet. The G-2 diet is more of the same really, all the same fruits and breads, but I can also have instant oatmeal, Corn Flakes, frosted flakes, fruit loops, scrambles eggs, bacon, hash browns pancakes, french toast, pbj sandwich, hot turkey sandwich w/ gravy, grilled cheese, grilled ham and cheese, cottage cheese, mashed tater and gravy chicken strips, bakes chicken breast mac and cheese, roast turkey, and assorted condiments. Not a whole gourmet list, but hey, at least the G-2 diet let's me have a burger. Oh, and a soda pop! I can also have snacks like pretzels, vanilla wafers, rice Krispie treats, teddy grahams, Popsicles, jello, pudding, angel food cake, ice cream, sherbet shakes, sherbet, milkshakes, root beer float, and that seems about it. Well, I gotta go, they are coming into the room right now to discus the new med. The plus side of it is that it's 2 less shots a week! Some lost, some gained, I guess!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment