Saturday, May 5, 2007

Cinco De Mayo!!

Wow, two posts in a row! I'm on a roll here, aren't I? Well today is even better than yesterday. I am wearing real clothes for the first time in at least three weeks, so that's quite exciting. I also got the docs to let me off my tethers for a whole 8 hours, so I can cruise pretty much anywhere I want. But I also have to remember my white blood count is low, so I can't go where there will be a lot of people, and I have to wear a mask. But hey, that's the small price I'm willing to pay to be able to be free for a few hours. We were going to have a picnic lunch today, but the weather had other plans, so we're gonna have a fiesta tonight instead. We're gonna try and sneak some margarita mix in here so my dad can make some virgin margaritas, beans, chips and salsa, stuff like that. In fact, I should go make some mexicany decorations for my "prison cell" as it's coming to be known. Healthwise I'm still pretty much the same, except my white counts are lower than we'd like, but that may change tonight (we hope). I will try to update again tonight, if I'm not too wiped out after our little party. If not we will tomorrow, and I'm sure dad will have a whole shloo of pics from tonight that we will post. There's not much else to do around here when you have low anything on the immune suppressed lifestyle I am forced to live. I have a few more days of my antibiotics and I should be over this E. coli. We just need to keep any more infections from getting in, and then we can mess with treatments and stuff, so that maybe I can try to come home some time this summer. It's a big maybe/if/when, but hey, I can dream! Well, adios, my friends, and Happy Cinco De Mayo!!!

2 comments:

Kat said...

A Party without me bummer and all of my favorite foods. The food sounds so yummy! I am still pouting that I am not there!!! But hey maybe as soon as I am all clear in the health department. Darien had her first softball game she was a real go getter she does however really get in the game mode and does not look at you or talk to you when you are talking to her I hope that she is learns to lighten up however a little bird told me a little miss Kayla was just like this when she played. Well I best get to bed I will send you some pictures tomorrow of Dariens game we love and miss you and I want you to know we have everyone we know and those we dont saying prayers for you well ta ta for now happy Cinco De Mayo

Aunt Moose said...

Kayla you can't forget about the candy. We found the best sour candy. Maybe next time though we won't get zots