Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Tuesday Update

Hi all, Things are looking back around to the right side of the fence today. Yesterday I got a dose of platelets that didn't seem to want to play fair. I've been quite like a vampire and using up a lot of blood. I slept while everyone else kinda got scared. Docs thought the MAS went out of control and scratched some of their hair off. I filled my lungs full of water and didn't do well with the breathing thing either.
Ha!! fooled them. It was only a mild case of septic shock. Goody more antibiotics. Pastor Andy came down for 2 days and really helped mom, dad and me out. It was great relief for all of us. That's him in the picture with me in my new Seattle Mariners' hat. The Mariners were visiting the hospital and I got some great loot; a hat, a ball, a picture, a Mariners Moose doll, and a duffle bag. The Rheumatologists have switched this week, Dr Emery is my attending so we have another great doctor working very close to me. Gotta go and kill some bloodbugs.
Ta Ta
Love Kayla
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey, look now your cheeks match JB's. --HeHe Glad to hear you dodged another one:) Check your email, if you can, I'll send a picture of JB. He misses the Cornejo Clan. What a great friend Mr. Andy is to visit. TaTa for now, Love and hugs, Sarah

Ruth said...

YES!!!!!!!!!! So glad to hear this news and see your smiling face!!! You are amazing.

Shannon said...

WoW!!! You GO GIRL!! You are just amazing Kayla, you look so good in this picture! Keep up the strong work in getting better. You have so many people pulling for you and praying everyday. I’m glad your pastor got to visit it’s always nice to have a little extra help in the faith department when you are in a place like that and his presence was a huge blessing for your whole family. I hope you continue to improve each day. Keep up the good work.

Thoughts and prayers.
The Kilbury’s

The Danner Clan said...

Love the pics. The bunny obviously means a lot to you! We love you!

Grandpa R said...

Talked to your Dad a little bit ago. He said you were doing a lot better. Glad to hear that.
I hope you got the pins I sent to you from Wisconsin.
Nonie and I will see you next week. Take care.
Love, Grandpa R