Hello, my doves!! How are we today?? Well, you can probably tell I'm in a bit better mood than the other day, since I am back on a G-1 diet. It's amazing what food can do with endorphins! Well, they have identified what kind of Staph infection I have, and luckily (depending on how you look at it I guess) I had it back in June, so they know exactly what to treat it with. It's Vanco, not my favorite, but whatever. It's one that I have to get a trough level every day, which requires a finger prick, then about 20 minutes of milking (no joke, they have to squeeze the blood out somehow) into a tiny tube. Blech. There's also another one that I've never had before (I know, I didn't think there were any left either!). It turns my tears orange. Weird, I know. They say "better living through chemistry...." or whatever it is, but I've seen a few things around here that may say differently. Like when they hang a med that has a Highlighter yellow tag on it saying "hazardous". HHmmm. Makes you wonder.
A few other things have been on my mind. I'd have to look back and see when it was, but my 100th post blew right past me, and I didn't even remember! I feel like such a failure as a blogger. And another thing is Maggie. She's one of my buds from the confirmation/church scene who had a nasty accident awhile back. Pray she gets better quick, so that there'll be one of us!! There's one more thing, and it sucks, but y'all gotta know. My line has quit drawing..........again. And since I have the infection, they can't do anything about it until after. The infection's probably on my line anyway, not that they can know that, since it WON'T DRAW. Well, I'm off, my G-1 lunch just got here. Toodles!
4 comments:
Hey I guess since you are on the g-1 diet and are such a little fighter I guess I can call you GI Jane ha just a little humor from me. Do you have to take the one that turns your tears orange? Lots Of Love Aunt Kat
Howdy Kayla!
I'm just catching up on your blog and I see that you didn't get to eat turkey. Bah! That's rude and inconsiderate of them, or of your gut, or whatever. Glad to hear that you're back 'up' to the variety of options presented to you on the G-1 diet. When you get a chance, I'd be interested (as I'm sure many of your faithful followers would be) in hearing what the agenda for the days leading to transplant is.
Hi to your mom, sister, and that Mexican guy!
Andy
Hey Sis. I can't get into my google account so I'll be anonymous. I once took a pill that turned my pee orange and I thought that was bad enough. I can't imagine my tears orange. It's interesting very interesting is all I can say. Don't text Tate he doesn't have his phone anymore (well for at least a couple of days)
Love Aunt Moose
Hey - it never ceases to amaze me what comes up next with you! Things I didn't even know could happen.... Nathan and I went out and bought you some goodies yesterday. We'll bring them when we see you on 12/14.
Post a Comment