Yo all! Wazzup?? Not much here. Shopping was awesome! I got this super cute dress, so now I have a little black dress. We'll of course take pics, and post them. By the way, the Child Life supervisor is about to have a baby boy. Can anyone think of names? I personally like the name Elliot. The middle name will be Robert, and the last name is Marti. Her hubbie wants to name him Moses, or William. I have resolved to try and talk them out of both, since Moses is pretty self explanatory, and William is a funny thing, really. It's a good name, but a common nickname is Bill, and if they named him that, well his name may become Billy Bob Marti!!! I love that fact, it amuses me to no end! Post names if you can think of them. I am even more freaked about the port, since I just now learned of a little tidbit that pleased me even less than the thought of a port-a-cath. They replace it every week! Meaning they somehow go in and change out the little disc. And you have to use special needles, and Emla to numb it every time you access it. How sucky is THAT???? Well, it seems that almost every time I post, some meal arrives! I leave you with this awesome quote: "If you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 minus 1 day, so that I never have to live without you."
-Winnie the Pooh-
Don't you love that WINNIE THE POOH said that?!
6 comments:
Wassuup!!!! kayla. i miss you. thank you for tucking me in yesterday. i'm typing this all by myself. love hunter.
Well I guess he is tired and going to bed. Praise GOD for your pass today. I know you guys needed a break from the hospital. Well we'll talk again tomorrow. I appreciate and love that you keep us updated. I am vowing in front of all who look. I will check your blog everyday and make time for you daily. I LOVE YOU more than you know Miss Kayla. My heart swells with love,joy and angst when I think of you and all you endure. I love to think of your smile and I count the days 'till I can see it again. :)
Love, Your FAVORITE Aunt.
A little late today but still here it is:
One day, a cowboy rode into a Wild, Wild West town. The people in the town love to play jokes on visitors. After tying his horse to the pole outside a bar, the cowboy went in. "A cup of milk please." he said to the bartender. After drinking, he went out, only to find his horse missing. Knowing that the villagers did it, he went back into the bar and said to everybody," I am going to have another drink and when I finish it, I want to see my horse outside! Or else, I will have to do what I did in Texas - HERE!" The people were very frightened. When he finished his drink, he went outside and saw his horse. The villagers had put it back. Curious, the bartender asked the cowboy,” What did you do in Texas?"
The Cowboy replied," Well, I had to walk home
(Love horse humor)
Have a good day.
Shannon
Wow, three in a row, I'm on suh a role.
A couple is in bed sleeping when there's a rat-a-tat-tat on the door.
The husband rolls over and looks at the clock, and it's half past 3 in the morning.” I’m not getting out of bed at this time," he thinks, and rolls over. Then, a louder knock follows. So he drags himself out of bed, goes downstairs, opens the door, and there's a man standing there. It didn't take the homeowner long to realize the man was drunk.
"Hi there," slurs the stranger, "Can you give me a push?" "No, get lost. It's half past three and I was in bed," says the man as he slams the door. He goes back up to bed and tell his wife what happened and she says, "That wasn't very nice of you. Remember that night we broke down in the pouring rain on the way to pick the kids up from the baby-sitter and you had to knock on that man's house to get us started again? What would have happened if he'd told us to get lost?"
"But the guy was drunk," says the husband.
"It doesn't matter," says the wife.” He needs our help and it would be the Christian thing to help him." So the husband gets out of bed again, gets dressed, and goes downstairs.
He opens the door, and not being able to see the stranger anywhere,
He shouts, "Hey, do you still want a push?"
And he hears a voice cry out, "Yeah, please."
So, still being unable to see the stranger he shouts, "Where are you?" The drunk replies, "Over here, on the swing."
Later,
Shannon
Omg when I read this post it said you had posted this at 3:33 and you had 3 comments... freaky lol
Congrats on the dress! I love dress shopping; it's the only kind of shopping I like ;) I had a blast picking out my homecoming dress this year lol.
And that quote is the BEST :D
A little girl was talking to her teacher about whales. The teacher said it was physically impossible for a whale to swallow a human because even though a whale is a very large mammal, its throat is very small. The little girl stated that Jonah was swallowed by a whale. The teacher reiterated that a whale could not swallow a human, it was impossible. The little girl said, "When I get to heaven I will ask Jonah".
The teacher asked, "What if Jonah went to hell?"
The little girl replied, "Then you ask him!"
Enjoy.
Hi Kayla~
Yes, I think Winnie the Pooh was smarter and deeper than any of us knew. Oh, oh, I just realized I may have missed our confirmation meeting last week. I'm messed up on time. Glas to hear you have some ups with your downs. Keep smiling that beautiful smile of yours.
For your information, here is the update I sent out on the prayer chain regarding Maggie...
Hello~
Maggie had another appointment yesterday with her orthopedic doc. They took x-rays and talked about consulting with a plastic surgeon. The x-ray shows the bones are healing and those bits and pieces that were left are now growing and connecting. Simply amazing don't you think?
The x-ray also showed that the pins that were left in to secure the fractured, cracked and crumbled bones seem to be doing their job. Amen! The skin color of the graph is a little more gray than he'd like to see, and the blistered area on the right side seems to be moving up her toe just a bit, with no sign of healthy skin underneath. Those two areas seem to be the subject of concern at this point. We appreciate the fact that the doc admitted that his specialty is bones, and not skin, muscle or tissue. Which is why he would like to send her to a plastic surgeon as early as next week. We're thinking that's a good plan. I'm no expert on either subjects, but after looking at a photo, I'm thinking we need one, a skin, muscle, tissue expert that is. I had to work this week, so Mitch and my sister have attended the last two appointments. They took a picture yesterday and it was my first sight of her foot since the accident. Ugh! Not a vision a mom wants to see.
We're also working on keeping her spirits up. Not an easy feat. She's sad and frustrated, which is to be expected. Probably won't be back to school until after the first of the year.
Maggie is strong and healthy and that's to her advantage in the healing process. She's a happy kid with a positive attitude, so that will help with her spirits. But as you can see, we have our work cut out for us and prayers regarding all of the above would be greatly appreciated.
On a lighter note, Maggie has come up with two good jokes out of this...
One, she can say that she's had plastic surgery at the age of 13! Maybe it isn't a face lift, but it's still rare.
Second, when someone sees the scar at the top of her leg and asks what happened she can honestly say, "It was a foot injury." HA! Gotta love a good sense of humor!
Your thoughts and prayers are keeping us going.
Corinne and fam
Post a Comment